Why Pine Straw?
There are several excellent reasons to use pine straw as ground cover:
- Ideally, pine straw only needs to be refreshed twice a year. The straw is freshest in January and February, so that is the best time to install.
- Pine straw will not wash away during heavy rains and will not blow away in strong winds. It will adhere to steep slopes well and prevent erosion.
- Pine straw is a great deterrent against weeds and is insect and rodent free. Pine straw is easy to install and the old straw does not need to be removed.
- Pine straw has even coloring which will not detract from your flowers. It is a great way to beautify any landscape.
- Pine straw helps the soil maintain warmth during the winter and can be used to line pet pens to keep your pets warm.